Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A quick thought...

I love cards. Cards for all reasons. Any shape or kind, whether handmade, handwritten, or for the card picture and words itself. It really doesn't matter to me.

My husband has found out that a card will cheer me up quite well. Better than chocolate, dinner, or even flowers (which definitely run a close second to cards....). My dearest friend Rosanna and I have been exchanging goofy cards for some time now. I look forward to the days one of her cards arrives in the mail. And I'm always on the look out for a perfect "Rosanna card." This time of year, I am in heaven with all the cards coming! I have them all hanging in the dining room, so I see them every time I'm going to and from the kitchen.

I love that some come with a beautiful picture on the front. Some are funny. And some are quite "classic" Christmas. And then there are the pictures. Those are probably my favorite type of Christmas cards. You get to see the family's favorite picture of that year or season. You see kids growing up or special occasions. But most importantly, you see a sliver of their lives that they enjoyed and cherished. Especially since we are so far from many of the card senders, it makes us feel a little more connected to our friends and family far away.

Next year, I think I will double our Christmas card list so I can spread the love a little farther!

No comments:

Post a Comment