Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 12

Monday was March 12, one year since we lost my brother-in-law Brandon. It still seems so odd to me that he is really gone. Every time we go back to Oregon, it just doesn't seem real. Like since we don't see him that much anyways, he's not really "gone" forever. But then there are all the family functions and get togethers, play dates with the boys and heart to hearts with my sister. And it sinks in that he's not coming back. Would he be a big part of the family today if he had lived? I don't know. There were a lot of struggles going on early last year and only God could have foreseen where Chrystal and Brandon would be today. But even if he isn't a part of our physical family anymore, he definitely lives on in his sons, who show his traits more and more as they get older. And the cool thing is, he lives on in a few other people as well.
Due to the fact that he died from complications of a seizure and resulting cardiac arrest, many of his organs were able to be donated. And for those people, and their families, his death meant their life. And I'm okay with that. Sure I miss him. A lot in fact. I miss all the events and memories he has already missed and all that he will be absent from in the coming years. But if his life was meant to be completed at an early age, giving someone else a chance at a better life is a pretty good thing I think.

Here's to you, Brandon. All the memories, laughter, and tears we shared. I'll love you forever.

1 comment:

  1. Milestones are always an interesting thing, because the pain is there everyday, but milestones also usually cause you to stop and really take the time to think about it...which can make the pain all the more acute. Prayinf for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete